DH+: no connection beetwen RSLinx and SLC5/04

zitam

Hi,

I'm beginner in PLC's so my problem can be very simple :). I use Allan Bradley card 1784-KTX card for DH+ and RSLinx 2.43. Card is already configured and it's working with PLC's around the factory. It's disconnected from network now and I connect it directly to SLC 5/04. And there is where my problem starts: RSLinx doesn't see PLC. I refresh the list in RSWho without any result.

Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong or where is the problem ? :)

Baud Rate? Must be the same.
Node Address? Must be different
Termination Resistor? Must have, both ends.

Last edited:
its't not problem with sending program to PLC. RSLinx don't see PLC. there is a list o unactive (crossed) devices (computer is disconnected with plant DH+ web). RSLinx don't see directly connected PLC via DH+ cable.

how can i set PLC node adress without conection with it?? is there any universal node adress for direct connection??

Change RSLinx's node address. Make some high number i.e 77

nodeaddress.jpg

Why don't you connect up to the SLC5/04 serial port?
Use DF1 driver and null-modem cable.

Last edited:
The cardinal rule of DH+ is that if it doesn't work, swap the wires. Even though Conductor 1 is on the top both on the SLC-5/04 and the PLC-5, it's possible the cable you have now has the wires reversed.

DH+ can also run at both 230.4 kb/s and at 57.6 kb/s.... the SLC-5/04 should be out of the box set for the more common 57.6 kb/s rate, but you should check.

The backup method to connect to the SLC-5/04 controller (usually) is to use a null-modem RS232 cable (such as the 1747-CP3) and try the DF1 Full Duplex driver.

i have two more problems:

1) i've got SLC 5/04 with 16k memory. How can i use two or more timers (or counters) in one program?? When i try to put two of those RSLogix shows me error "unable to create data file"

2) i connect potentiometer to annalog input. i'm not sure if i connect it properly, i'll check it tommorow but i've question: is there anything i shoul do that processor see correct value??

zitam said:
i have two more problems:

1) i've got SLC 5/04 with 16k memory. How can i use two or more timers (or counters) in one program?? When i try to put two of those RSLogix shows me error "unable to create data file"

To add a timer with a control address that is outside the range of an existing data table, you must switch to program mode first, then change the number of elements of the file (found under properties). To create a new data table you must be offline, then download it. You can make your changes offline and then switch to program mode to download. When you verify a rung offline, it will create the new data table or expand the existing data table for you.

zitam said:
2) i connect potentiometer to annalog input. i'm not sure if i connect it properly, i'll check it tommorow but i've question: is there anything i shoul do that processor see correct value??

Is this a spare input on an existing analog card? Is it in a local rack?

If so, then look for the value in the Input data file, in the slot number and channel number you wired it to. First change the radix to decimal. I have circled analog input in slot 5, channel 0 in my screenshot:

SLC_analog_in_data.JPG

Paul

Last edited: