DH+ Over Fiber Via Phoenix Digital

TPCTJ

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,
I am still having issues with communicating over this DH+ network. Existing are 3 PLC5/40's, 1 SLC5/04 which will ALL show up on Linx when I am plugged into ANY of them with the KT Card. I am ADDING 2 ControlLogix racks with DH/RIO modules and when I plug into them...I can only see those...

Everything is tied together via fiber optics using Phoenix Digital modules. At first, we did have a problem with these modules but that has been figured out and now this is where I am at. o_O

My objective here is to send/receive some messages to/from the CL to the SLC. I could really care less about the PLC5's but they "Have to" stay on the network....

Even though I can see both CLs on Linx, I can't even do CIP messages between them. I am thinking this is something to do with the DH+/RIO modules...

Any suggestions/comments?

Thank you,

T.J.

Have you discussed this in detail with the Phoenix Digital folks? My experience with their tech support was excellent. They not only understand their equipment but also the Allen Bradley equipment and the programming requirements.

Tom,
Yeah, we have been working very closely with them. They (particularly Joel) ARE very helpful! But, it seems Rockwell Support, Phoenix Digital Support, AND my local guys are all stumped too....guess who pays the price though....

THIS GUY!!!

How about a bit more information -
How are the DHRIO modules configured?
Which part of the DH+ is blue hose, which part fiber?
What are the node numbers / baud rates?
Can you browse through the DHRIO modules from the ethernet side?

Are the 1756-DHRIO modules part of the CLX owners RSL5K projects' trees?
If they are, is it any particular reason they have to be there?
If the 1756-DHRIO modules were installed only for the PLC/SLC to CLX explicit messaging implementation, they should not be part of of the RSL5K application files.