100BaseFX with 10Gbs Fiber Optic Cable

Engineer_UA

Greetings,
I see that some network switches are specified with 100BaseFX Fiber Ports. Can I use 10GBs rated fiber Optic cable for these connections? Does 100Base stand for 100Mbs per second? I wasn't sure if the PLC based system would actually operate at 100Gbs of speed. If that's what 100BaseFX refers to.
Thank you for your help.
EE

100BaseFX is indeed still 100Mbps. As long as your cable is suitable for the connectors/SFPs you are using, you can certainly use higher spec cabling.

But 100BaseFX is really designed for distance more than baud rate/speed. I would be looking more at what distance you need and what distance your cables support. I would save the higher spec cabling for faster links.

OG