DH+ RIO Network with multiple PLC's

Remember that DH+ is a peer-to-peer network. While it uses the same wire, its functionality different from the master/slave RIO network.

RIO can only have one Scanner and multiple Adapters.

This separation of functions is one of the reasons Rockwell Automation developed the ControlNet network for the PLC-5 controllers, because that combines the peer-to-peer connectivity of DH+ with the I/O scanning of RIO.

Most modern ControlLogix systems use EtherNet/IP, which mixes both the services of cyclic I/O and peer-to-peer messaging on the same network.

Similar Topics

Does anyone have information or documentation regarding the protocol used in Rockwell's Remote IO, and how the physical layer of the network...
Replies
Views
Does anybody know if there is an actual limit on the number of drives that can be connected via RIO? I think I've heard there is a theoretical...
Replies
Views
We have an SLC5/05 PLC that has a RIO scanner card that attaches to the IO blocks on fixture and a MARIO Board inside robot cabinet. The mario...
Replies
Views
We have DH+ network on 6 PLC5. We have RSView32 as a HMI. Previously we link HMI with DH+ network by 1784-KT card but we have a problem on some...
Replies
Views
I was wondering if a 1747-SN installed in two racks containing PLCs could be used to exchange data with each other or RIO?
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom