DH+ using non-standard bluehose

larrybray

Hey,

Has anyone ever used any of the armored bluehose cables for a DH+ network? I have a remote building with a SLC 5/04 that has an inaccessible cable tray running to it. There is another tray carrying medium voltage cables that is accessible. I'm guessing that the standard 9463 bluehose would be susceptible to interference on this tray, but could I use high flexibility bluehose, 9463F, or an armored belden, e.g. 129463, 139463 or 189463? If I could, would the entire network need to be this cable or can I mix and match?

Cable specs @
https://edeskv2.belden.com/Products/#s=dh+&r=0

Impedance, inductance and capacitance values are the same as 9463.
Both trays are outside, is 9463 rated for outdoor use?

Thanks.

Ignoring the details of the various belden cables, you asked about running the communications lines with medium voltage (>1kv) power.

This would be a code violation (the Belden cables that you referenced are rated for a max. of 600VAC), and an all-around bad idea.

larrybray said:
ahem, my mistake. low voltage, the cables carry 400V. mixing up my terminology!

All of the Belden cables that you considered are rated for 300V. If you want to run them with 400V power cables, the communications cables must be rated for at least 400V as well. It looks like the 3072F, 3073F, 3074F cables are designed/approved for that application.