Using a non AB HMI

You can go to cmore but you will have to redraw all the screens and the tag structure is a little different.

From experience I can tell you if you have never done it you may very well be in over your head. If I were you I would stick with AB in some form.

If you decide to upgrade from the panelview standard to a panelview plus there is a conversion tool that convets the program about 95%. There will always be a few minor things to fix but in general it is a pretty easy conversion.

swtcorrado

It sounds to me that you don't have the tools to do this job nor the funds to get them.
Tell me about it:smas:

Although you have some very good idea's that I'll need to follow up on. It's not all doom and gloom. The PV error is more of an inconvenience then anything. It locks the screen out in blue screen and you have to reboot the PV. It happens randomly but is starting to happen more frequently. It doesn't pose a problem during production, only when you need to change variables during tool setups. Having to wait for the screen to reboot just to change an input is very annoying.