Direct Logic And Modbus

RDunn

I am new to the Direct Logic PLC and to Modbus. I was charged with connecting a Turck RFID to my Direct Logic 205 through moddbus communications. Can anyone give me some pointers - the customer service are not much help as they assume I know about one system or the other.

Some of the serial communication ports will respond to Modbus commands as a slave.

www.modbus.org will have information about the Modbus protocol. Many of the native DL memory registers have Modbus address equivalents. Go to here for information. Especially AN-MISC-09 and AN-MISC-10.

If you are totally new to both as you say you have an interesting road ahead of you.

Thanks I will look at the pages you recomended Yes I am new to both systems I have 20 years on A/B and about a year on Mitsubishi but just learning the DL

Thanks, I have read some of the stuff you sent in the intro maybe it will help explain more as I read more. I still think A/B has the easiest programming though.