DirectLOGIC06 and DirectSOFT newb

trekathlete

High everyone. I am just getting familiarized with PLC's for my new job.

Anyways I have set up a test PLC with a button, a photo eye and an HMI. I am currently trying to figure out how to correctly use the memory in correlation with the count box so that I can produce an output on my HMI of how many times a button has been pressed or how many times the photo eye has been tripped. Anyways any help is much appreciated. I will continue to pour over these threads and try to gain as much knowledge as possible. Thanks!

To display the accumulated count results of a Counter, set a C-more Numeric Display tag to V1000 for Counter 0, V1001 for Counter 1, etc. See page 5-45 of the D006 User Manual, downloadable from Auto D.

I figured it out. What i was having problems was written right in the CNT Description! I wasn't understanding where the CNT values were being stored in memory and was trying to store them in memory myself someplace else.

Ok now that I have that figured out my next question is that if CNT only goes up to 9999 how can i make it count higher than that. I would imagine in regular code doing an if statement which basically would say if CNT1 <= 9999 then use CNT2 and so on. I am sure there is probably a way to do this with ladder logic or maybe even a slicker way that you know of. Thanks for the help so far!

You could also use a UDC (Up/Down Counter). It counts to 99999999. Note to accomplish this it uses two sequential Counter numbers and stores the accumulted count in two sequential V memory locations. So mark the second counter and V memory in documentation to discouage their use for other purposes.

The HMI must ask for this count as a BCD32 type value.