Directsoft 5 word count

You should know by now that in PLCs, buying one part just means you are getting started - it leads to needing other parts! That is the way they are made.

As AA said, don't limit yourself to one platform, specially for an older model that will disappear in a few years. If you remain a 0ne-trick Pony, your job opportunities will be slim. Getting rid of those blasted Octal numbers should be a big plus!

Anyway, the C-More Micro panels connect to the Click, and are reasonably priced. The 3" EA1-S3ML is only $161, with free downloadable software.

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc...nels/3_inch_Panels_-a-_Accessories/EA1-S3ML-N

Well...I totally understand where your coming from. I am that way with cad software....I'm well versed in AutoCAD...solid edge....solid works....inventor....I'm a machine designer by trade. The plc stuff is mostly for my own benefit. I'm not looking to make a career change...just fuel some of my hobbies. The cmore stuff is certainly affordable however I am working on a shoestring budget (I understand that's tough with plc work).

Most of the stuff I'm working with currently has been had from ebay and where ever I can scrounge.

I appreciate all your help!