DirectSoft Project...Help!?

You have one 16pt input module and one 16 pt output module. My current code records all 16 inputs and plays on all 16 outputs, so it's different from yours in regards to how it address the I/O (inputs & outputs). So I have to play with it some.

Cybertaz,

one problem is your program only has two modes of operation; (Teach & Playback). To track what your program is doing, and to be able to repeate the playback, you should have a pause mode. Then you would switch modes from Teach, Pause, Playback, Pause, Playback or Teach, Pause, then Playback or Teach, again etc...

You need to install a flip flop for the teach & playback modes, or add a stop button to drop both modes.

You need to do this in order to beable to focus on just the playback or tech mode issues with out having to re-teach the PLC every time you try it.

Alright. I used a pause button to stop Playback and record modes.

And i also changed it to reset my record count only when i go into teach mode. So i can hit start over and over until i go into teach mode.

Thanks,
Cybertaz

I'm using the program from your post #105.

1) C3 is resetting both the playback count and record count. This wipes the record count so the comparison statment in the last rung dosnt work. You only want to reset the record count when you switch to record mode.

2) You need to reset the timer accumulator by LD K0-OUT TA1. The -(rst) is the problem. Your reseting T0 properly in record mode, but not in playback mode??

Cybertaz,

For the purpose of this post place your view options in "rung".

1)You require too many buttons to operate the modes. All you need is two buttons. Playback (toggle on/off) and Record (on/off). KISS.

Way back I posted an example of a toggle. Go back and take a look.

Get rid of the Start Bit, (C2). Your either in Playback mode, Record mode, or NO mode. This is unecesary and confusing.

2) If your going to loop the playback over & over until you stop it, then you need to reset the pointers in RUNG 5 with C3.

3) Rung 6. Get rid of ALL the SP0 contacts in your program. Replace this one with a PD Playback mode contact.

4) Rung 8. this is the rung where you want to save the accumulated time to the timer pointer. Delete LD TA0 - OUT P7005 from rung 9 and place it in rung 8.

5)Rung 11. Why are you writing K0 to the output image register??? This makes no sense. Delete LD K0 - OUTF VY0. Leave the rest of it.

6) Last; rung 12. IF the RECORD COUNT < PLAYBACK COUNT then PD out C3.
Reason: The time for the last image will not play because the record count will be = to the image count as soon as the instruction is executed, so C3 will cause loop back without letting the last image play for the full time that was recorded for it.

PS. I get that you might not be looking at the posts, but reading them on your email notification. Please look at the actual posts as I tend to edit them for corrections.

make the corrections and post the code. I'll tell you if it runs. (the last version is not working).

Cybertaz,

If I was your instructor, I would give you a D for quality of comments and labels. Now that it is almost finished, you should go back and add coments to EACH rung, stating exactly what that rung is doing. Also add labels to each memory address, saying what is stored there. If you can't explain what each part does, then you have not learned all that is to be learned. But if you can explain it, then make sure your instructor sees that you can. One way is by adding comments and labels.

See the attached example. I also added a Program Index on the first rung. I also made a slight change. At the end of the Playback Mode, do not reset the Record Count. That allolws the playback to be repeated endlessly, like a CD player. Only reset the Record Count when a new Teach Mode is entered (the Teach button is turned on).

I can't spot any errors,

Lancie1,

Did you actually run it on a PLC??

I ran it on a 250-1 and there's problems with it... hence my previous post.

Edit: Also I corrected the errors and have it working properly.

No, I didn't run it Mike. I see now that there were errors. Not having followed this closely, I should not have opened my mouth. Better documentation would have highlighted some of the problems for me.

Cybertaz,
You should add a T1 NO contact in your new rung 12, to prevent reset until playback is finished. Even using the "<", it will still miss the last record.
He never has mentioned how many of the buttons can be hit at once but i'm pretty sure its just one. BUT i think i might better play it safe and be ready for whatever he throws at it. And i forgot to mention it before but if at any time in the program you hit the stop button it has to resume where it was stopped from.
Mike, from the above, I just ASSUMED that he had to have Start & Stop buttons as part of the assignment, but it could be Cybertaz is misunderstanding the assignment.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys. Ya'll are too good to me.

Thats some good documentation Lancie1. If i ever get done with this program i'll definetly have to document like that. I just hate to do all that now when i'm changing it so much.

And i tried to change everything ya'll mentioned. Hopefully i didn't miss anything.

Thanks again,
Cybertaz

I know it may seem like i don't understand the assignment but it's hard understand what my professor wants. He never gave us a handout on the assingment at all. It seems like everyday he's changing it on us. But yes at one time he said we need a start and stop button. He wants to be able to resume the playback after its stoped. But i may be able to do that with the toggle buttons.

Thanks

Close enough.....Here you go. Document your program and try it.

Do you have notes that you took when he gave you the assignment.

Maybe you can demonstrate this for him and see what he wants changed?