Discovered a new cross reference "feature" in RSLogix v20

Paul351W

I just converted a new project from v16 to v20, and was working on cleaning up some things when I noticed something strange.

I had some tags aliased to an output card that I had removed from the I/O tree. When I tried to cross reference the tags, nothing would show up, but if I did a Ctrl-F in the logic window and searched for the tag name that way, it would find them.

As soon as I cleared the alias information for the affected tags, the cross reference worked properly again. I haven't went back and tried the same thing in v16, but I don't remember having that problem before.

I thought cross-reference only showed tags that are "in use", or tags that have been used in the program.

Different to Find, which can search the tag database.

The tags I referred to were used in the program. I think the software must have gotten confused/unhappy because of invalid alias data . As soon as I deleted the alias information for the tags, cross reference worked normally.