Display product image and info on a monitor at changeover

Hello,

I have been asked to do this, and if it was on an HMI it would be no problem for me to do. But how they would like it done is to be hosted by a computer such as an excel file, display to a big TV monitor, triggered by AB control logix recipe (string data type).

Anyone with any experience with this could point me in the right direction? Is there some sort of gateway that can call excel tabs or individual files from the PLC to do this? Or a kind of software?

Thank you!

Node.js with JavaScript or TypeScript is an option also.

https://www.npmjs.com/package/ethernet-ip

Anything you do is going to be programmed elsewhere and will have to read the data from the PLC to perform the task.

How do they want it displayed? I would use a Pi running chromium in kiosk mode. Then you can just manage a small web server that reads the PLC and updates the page as needed.

What is the excel file for? Is it just source data for what to display?