display timer values with Factorytalk View ME

Timer from where? What part(s) of the timer do you wish to display?

If it is an Allen Bradley PLC or PAC, the timer structure has sub-elements with the extension ".pre" (preset) and ".acc" (accumulated value). I generally like to put all my HMI stuff in tidy blocks of data, so I would recommend using a MOV instruction in the controller to copy that timer data into a register that is part of your other HMI data and then reference that in the HMI. It is also possible to reference the timer data elements directly if you so choose.

In ME you would use the object called a numeric display, or a numeric variable in a text line. That object needs to point to the values outlined by Okie.

In 500, the tag address would point to something like Tx(x = data table number)/y(y = word).ACC for the current timer count or .PRE for the target timer count

Example: T4/0.ACC

In 5000 it would be in the format TimerName.ACC or .PRE

Example: StartDelay_TON.ACC

That address would go in the "value" section of the numeric display.

Last edited: