Displaying information from Access on a remote screen

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I have a proposed application that I would like to implement but I'm not sure if it is feasible (or possible) to do and wondered if anyone could give me any advice.

I want to display 'downtime' and possible other information such as efficiency etc. on a large screen at the end of the production line.

Currently the operator enters information about downtime into a PC on the line. They enter into an Access database.

Is it possible to export what is in the Access database for viewing on a big screen (with maybe a bit of formatting and asthetic improvement) and, if so, what sort of equipment would I need and what is the most efficient way to go about it?

Sorry to be so vague but I'm not sure what is possible so I won't be able to decide on the finer details of the job until I get more information. I'm open to any/all suggestions regarding this.

Many thanks

;-)

Access is a good tool for displaying database info to a screen and has a lot of built in features for that.
Are you able to build on the existing database and add another view to it.
If the pc's are on the same network after that it would be just a matter of sharing or copying the database.
There are also scada packages out there that would do the same thing if price is not much of an issue.

Don't need anything special for this. Simple to do with queries in a web-page and a browser. Just use a HUGE font :)

Good-luck

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)

Thanks for all the ideas. I didn't realise that Access had built-in functionality for this.

I really like the idea of using a browser window. I do a lot of web programming and this would bring the whole thing within my skill set.

Will have a more in-depth look at PeakHMI when I get chance.

Many thanks again for all the ideas..

Cheers ;-)