DL-06 programming 3-axis gantry

Make sure that the firmware version of the DL06 is at least V2.3 - If lower than this it won't support the MWX/MRX Modbus commands on the D0-DCM. Otherwise only the WX and RX multi box instructions can be used for Modbus on the D0-DCM.

See firmware reference for the DL06 here

The firmware version in the D0-DCM is ok. (V1.10)

As I mentioned before the Ctrio is for the high speed counter when setting up a high speed counter module that was my mistake once again were not using that currently. The ERM is to set up the I/O addressing for the Modbus. I'm going to look into more about setting them up.

I am going to have to agree with Bernie after taking a look at the I/O configuration screen shot your DO-DCM firmware updates need to be up to date with your networked mods.

The firmware on the DL06 is up to date with the latest version, V 2.60. The firmware for the D0-DCM is on V 1.10, I downloaded the latest version of the firmware for the D0-DCM, V 1.20, but was having a hard time figuring out how to update it. I'm not sure if this will even be necessary to update but I figured I'd try to have everything up to date anyway.

Another student and I have put together a few lines of code to get the x-axis to move +25mm from the home position based on a formula, for translating desired distance traveled into a hex transmission, from the application engineer at Sanyo Denki. Below is a screenshot of the formula that he told me to use to convert into a hex transmission. The first rung is the formula for the distance traveled according to the formula and according to my teammates, the second rung was written based on pages 3-11 to 3-21 of the D0-DCM manual. Can anyone comment on the structure of the code or if I even wrote the hex transmission correctly?

Formula for hex transmission.PNG ladder logic screenshot.jpg

So you have 25.000 * 131072 / 5 could you explain what the 5 stands for again it says the travel the gantry in one motor rotation. That inches? may be a little over board to know but just curious. As far as your coding goes looks good to me. still working on understanding your equation and fitting it into your code.

Ok so I managed to get rid of the I/O address error by correcting the port address of the D0-DCM module from 1 to 2 in the second rung, first 'LD' box. It was changed from K101 to K201. The screenshot of the D0-DCM manual below will show what that box means specifically. It still does not move the x-axis though.

Also, I believe that I have to change the special relay function from SP120 to SP122 because SP122 relates to slot 2. See manual screenshot below to confirm. Still nothing...

The 5 in the second box on the second rung is the number of bits transmitted. It should be set to 8 I believe, not 5. Regardless, the 5 in the formula should be in mm, as in the gantry travels 5mm per 1 full rotation of the motor.

The third box is where I am slightly lost. Its description is outlined in appropriately titled image below. What address am I supposed to be loading the memory from?/ Where in the coding am I saving the position formula to? Is it the first rung that should describe the distance moved based on the formula given? If so, then should I write the fourth box on the first rung, 'OUT', to the same V-memory address as the second rung, third box, 'LDA', that I am calling?

Box 4 is pretty straight forward but what starting address and data type are correct for the slave?/How would I go about finding this out?

Attached below is a screenshot of the updated program that I tweaked so you can see exactly what I'm talking about.

D0-DCM manual screenshot.jpg D0-DCM manual Special Relay screenshot.jpg D0-DCM boxes 2 and 3 description.jpg D0-DCM box 4.jpg Ladder Logic Screenshot2.jpg