DL06 and DV1000

djbillyd007

Hi guys here is a fun one. Actually harder for me to explain than build lol. What we have is a small rewinder. The current configuration is a toshiba plc, a counter, and a G2 drive. we are building a new machine similar to the old one as it was built out of plywood to see if it would work. the operator hits start the drive goes to high speed(pot controlled). counts to a setpoint, goes to slow(second pot),counts out,stops. Operator cuts material and restarts. There are some brakeing and other things going on but this is these are the main functions. What I am thinking of doing on the new one is going with a DL06, G2 drive , and a DV1000. Having one pot to control the high speed and letting the DV1000 control length and low speed would kick in as a math function of the length. In this configuration all the operator would do is basically hit start. Has anyone set up anything like this with these components. I am beginning to be a fan of the AD stuff. But I have never used the DV1000. I have used mostly seimens in the past. If you need any more details or have any ideas let me know. This is my first full build mechanical electrical and all. right now it is in the Cad stage. looking to start building in Feb.

i wanted to get rid of all pots but we are designing this with alot of input from the operators and for some reason they like the pot. I am removing the low sped pot because they keep turning it up and giving me problems. Such as slow being faster than high. i may still remove the high and just use the DV1000. We use alot of temps and I want a simple control panel. power on, power off, process start and E-stop. This way i think with the DV1000 i can lock out everything That they don't need. i have also been looking @ they optimate panels too. this is where i would like your opinions. i have never programmed either so i am looking for the easiest way to get the results i need. i am also trying to keep cost as low as i can. but want the best results first. this is my first full build i want to do it right.

In order of usefulness, reverse order for cost:

1. DV1000
2. Optimate
2. EZ-Text Panels

It's a long read, but you'll get a lot out of the thread that Ron posted a link for. The applicaion uses a DL06 and does what you discribe almost to a Te.

I've used all three (EZText, OP panels and DV-1000) and I would highly recommend against the DV-1000. It is very tedious and difficult to use as an operator interface. Either of the other 2 should work fine and are about the same in programming (although I personally prefer the EZ Text).