Do I need to Upgrade RSLogix 500

sn.white

I was thinking about getting a micrologix 1100 or 1400,

currently I have a 1200, and rslogix 500 Starter v 7.30.10

Will I be able to program these newer micro logix?

Do I have to buy the upgrades or is there just some driver files I can download?

Thanks
Steve

I'm not sure of the minimum version required to program the 1400, but I am certain it is higher than 7.3. The software you need is RSLogix 500 Micro which is in the $130 range and will program all PLCs in the Micrologix series.

For the 1100, you can use RSLogix Micro Starter Lite which is a free download here:
http://www.ab.com/linked/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html
It looks and functions exactly the same as the purchased version but only works with 1000 and 1100 PLCs.

I looks like my version will do the 1100, but not the 1400,

I was trying to connect my 1200 to a panelview component and not having any luck, doesn't seem to recognize the 1200,
so I was going to get an 1100 to use instead,

The controller model is not the problem: I am absolutely certain the PanelView Component will work with MicroLogix 1200 controllers over an RS-232 connection.

Keep working on the physical connection and the configuration.

The controller model is not the problem: I am absolutely certain the PanelView Component will work with MicroLogix 1200 controllers over an RS-232 connection.

Keep working on the physical connection and the configuration.

Thanks for the info,
I was thinking the plc was incompatible and I needed another

What protocol are you using on the PanelView Component?

What model MicroLogix 1200 are you using?

Just in case:
IF you're using a 1762-LxxxxxR Controller, which has the side Programmer/HMI Port, and your PanelView Component is connected to this Port, it's fixed at DF1 and cannot be changed.

If you're not using DF1, you'll have to use the front Channel 0 Port.

G.