Do Not! and I repeat Do Not upgrade...

Go to "Profile" on the navigation bar up ^^^ thataways.
In the left hand column, under "Settings & Options" is a link to "Edit Ignore List".

Add name, done.
What does imply to add an user to the Ignore List? Is it just not receiving PM from them or it has effects on their posts?
Excuse my ignorance.

He made a choice to lash out at a whole group of people who could have helped him work thru his problems.

Myself, dmroeder and harryting all made some comments who's intention was to make light of a bad situation, but looks like it was just salt in an open wound instead. ganutenator's choice of words are fitting and directed at us nobody else. I'll take the hit, then buy a round.

I take offense at his comments.

Why? It's the internet.

I habitually stay a version or two behind so that other people have the experience of the "learning curve"
Surfing the trailing edge of technology is not as exciting, but the hair stays in longer.

I feel your pain. It can be incredibly frustrating to learn best practices the hard way. Unfortunately, that is what you are doing now. I'm sorry you had this experience, but look at it as a learning opportunity so that you don't repeat this mistake again.

Best of luck with your recovery.

What about the other rule: If it works perfectly - don't upgrade.

This 'must have the latest version' thing is often just vanity.

Oh...and he has been rude to me before. My help and assistance with his many problems since = zero

should have just kept this info to myself, as you guys are dicks.
WOW!!! That's pretty harsh given that no one contributed to the problem YOU are having. So would you have felt better if we stated how horrible the world is or something like that? I think the comments were intended to make light of a bad situation and hopefully make you feel a little better. No good deed goes unpunished.
Huh, I smell something burning, kinda like a bridge.
(n)

If you remember some of his other remarks, you would understand.
He only posts when ****ed or stoned, his words.
So be kind (ha ha), in the morning he has to have a look at what he has written and then be embarrassed by his posting.
I know the feeling.

Well, then Ganutenator, you need to learn the simple rule of industrial software, which has been put out there for YEARS on this forum... ONLY install the software to a dedicated virtual machine.

Any time lost because you personally were stupid enough to just run a setup program on your base operating system is entirely your fault. Nobody elses.

That said, and considering your last remark, I will be adding you to ignore.

I understand why you responded this way, but I don't agree.

Industrial software developers need to start checking their messy-*** work and stop churning out ****ty software, or lose business and suck it. It is the software developer's responsibility to not release software until it is tested/verified working correctly.

Edit: Furthermore, why would anyone continue to use software that is known to screw things up? Not going to set up VMs to use screwed up software, that makes no sense. For some it's not that simple (hands tied by management), but for smaller shops like mine, one strike is enough to be out forever.

Last edited:
If you remember some of his other remarks, you would understand.
He only posts when ****ed or stoned, his words.
So be kind (ha ha), in the morning he has to have a look at what he has written and then be embarrassed by his posting.
I know the feeling.
LoL, my thought exactly. His posts was always a little "high".

No offense taken on my part.

If I had a dollar for every bit of Automation Industry Software that was completely reliable, I still would only have the handful of dollars left over from my last overseas trip. That bottle of water at the airport was expensive!

I
Edit: Furthermore, why would anyone continue to use software that is known to screw things up? Not going to set up VMs to use screwed up software, that makes no sense. For some it's not that simple (hands tied by management), but for smaller shops like mine, one strike is enough to be out forever.
I had this conversation before. The reason? Because we are dealing with niche products. I also deal with quite a bit of specialized engineering software. Same deal, some of them works but requires one to do a funky-chicken dance before install, or only works with IE7 (I'm not kidding), etc.. etc.. Oh, yes, a license is about $10k. At the same time, Angry Bird is a more bug free software that cost $0 and even a ad free version is probably only $5.

It's similar to why a toliet seat for C-5B cost $1,868.15.

If I had a dollar for every bit of Automation Industry Software that was completely reliable, I still would only have the handful of dollars left over from my last overseas trip. That bottle of water at the airport was expensive!

Lol, true. The only things I have decent faith in are RSLogix Micro and Crimson 3.0. Which tells you what I use most of the time.