Do Not! and I repeat Do Not upgrade...

Let the guy vent.
We've al been there and know damn well the level of rage something like this can cause. Especially when it ruins many hours of work.
Remember how you felt.

I had this conversation before. The reason? Because we are dealing with niche products. I also deal with quite a bit of specialized engineering software. Same deal, some of them works but requires one to do a funky-chicken dance before install, or only works with IE7 (I'm not kidding), etc.. etc.. Oh, yes, a license is about $10k. At the same time, Angry Bird is a more bug free software that cost $0 and even a ad free version is probably only $5.

It's similar to why a toliet seat for C-5B cost $1,868.15.

I do get it. I still say that these companies need to get their acts together software-wise though. I recently used some HMI software that came up with plenty of .NET errors within 30 minutes of using it the first time, and it was stupid stuff like closing a window causes an error. Did anyone bother to test this?

To me, if the software has blatant errors and shortcomings, how can you take it seriously or trust it to work reliably?

indusoft tech support response:
Dear Michael,

Can you please give us more details about the issue? We don’t have a Patch 10 for any of our products.

Have you tried to install the latest version of IWS available in our website for your product?

wow!

yes, I installed the latest version. It was patch 10.

And the uninstall obviously left **** on my computer, because I opened the backup and touched it w/ patch one development, now it is doing patch 10 ****.

Now I have to re flash my computer.

Thanks alot.

heaven forbid I save anyone from going through the micro hell I am going through.
Let the hate fly.

don't get all shocked when I say that some engineers are dicks. Have you not worked in this industry?

e31.jpg

Indusoft in only on version 7? Hahaha....Wonderware is up to version 12 or something...get with the times.

My only intent was to potential help someone from going through the pain and suffering I am currently going through.

Have you seriously lived w/ wonderware from day 1?

right click and it crashes the project.

click on an object and it moves position.

You can't be serious.

Plus the price structure is completely different.

Don't be a troll.

My only intent was to potential help someone from going through the pain and suffering I am currently going through.

Have you seriously lived w/ wonderware from day 1?

right click and it crashes the project.

click on an object and it moves position.

You can't be serious.

Plus the price structure is completely different.

Don't be a troll.

Shift+click. Works wonders.

As far as being a troll....go back to drinking or smoking dope.

Schneider Electric now owns both Wonderware and Indusoft. So don't be surprised when you see more Modicon/Telemechanique integration in the software.

Indusoft Web Studio's most current release (according to the website) is version 7.1 Service Pack 3, Patch 9.

So maybe there was a Patch 10 that got pulled off the website, or maybe there's something else that went wrong.

I'm personally very careful about updates and patches. Indusoft has a very ordinary patch/service pack process and not a lot of hotfixes. I've only been stung by one patch bug (a VBScript failed silently) and am in general very pleased with their product.

I always found the best part about Wonderware was never having to use it.

Hey now, don't tell our tray washing friends this! (n) :ROFLMAO:

Most of our SCADA work over the last few years has been with either Citect or Wonderware (and a bit of old school RSView32 in the mix :eek:) and in all honesty I'd prefer to work on a Wonderware system any day of the week!

I really like the scripting and being able to leverage on the .NET framework in System Platform you can do some really powerful things.

Their MES software is market leading in my opinion also.

The only gripe I have with them is their licensing structure...

Anyway, I digress...