Do remote IO cards count towards a CompactLogix's IO card max?

jakeparsons03

I have a project where I will need around 20 IO cards. I'll probably have 5 on a compactlogix L320ER and 15 or 20 on a Point IO AENTR module. The max IO card count on a L320ER is 16. Do the Remote IO cards count towards that 16 IO Card count max or does it just count as a single network connection?

I can move up to an L330ER but nobody has them in stock first hand.

I believe that limit is for "Local" IO, so adding remote IO should be fine.
You should contact your local RA rep. to clarify your project.

My local rep. has (21) L330ER in stock for my area.

perhaps you can try and do a hardware configuration with your L320ER for science and see what the biggest backplane is available.

I'm not an AB guy, but 16 sounds plausible.

I just mocked one up and it limited me to 16 input modules to the 5069 Backplane I was still able to add a Point IO chassis with 4 modules (that's just where I stopped, not the max allowed).