Dont allow datatransfer from MicroLogix PLC to Memory module

Holmslykke

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me if it is posible to

explain to me whether it is possible to set a Micro1400 Allen Bradley PLC to not allow data transfer from a MicroLogix 1400 PLC to the data module?

If it is possible please tell me how it is done. the software used to program the PLC is Logix 500, and the memory module used is 1766-MM1

There is no way to block a new program being written to the EEPROM if the person has the software and has access (no password) and knows the procedure. If the memory module were a PROM vs. an EEPROM the PROM is a single write.

Password protecting the controller would prevent this but would also prevent the customer from viewing the program.

I can't say for certain as I have never tried to limit this specific function but you may be able to do it by setting up factorytalk security as it gives much more granular control over the entire feature set. If you have the capability you could set it up in a VM and test it.

In the past, many people would use the 1747-PSD to move the same program to many units which would solve the issue of the thread referenced in the post above. The 1747-PSD works with the SLC 5/03, 5/04, 5/05, Micrologix 1000, 1100, 1200, and 1500 and I think it was discontinued before the 1400 was released but I imagine it may still work.

These are still available but they are pricey. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=1747-psd&_sacat=0

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1747-in001_-en-p.pdf