Double Automatic Door....please help

So I'm on a beginner class(infant level), trying to build a 'double automatic door'
and i'm having a lot of troubles..
getting a lot of errors

theses are the requirements.

lWWWyh8.png

sorry.. this is the best i can draw

(Explanations for the pic)
-Sensor S1 is in front of a door1, S2 is between two doors and S3 is behind the door2
-M1 is Door1's opening motor and M2 is the closing one
-limit switch L1 turns ON when Door1 is fully opened and L2 turns ON when fully closed
-M3 is Door2's opening motor and M4 is the closing one
-limit switch L3 turns ON when Door2 is fully opened and L4 turns ON when fully closed

(Requirements)
1.When Sensor S1 or S2 senses someone, Door1 must be opened for 3seconds.
2.When S1 or S2 is OFF, Door1 is closed.
3.When Sensor S2 or S3 senses someone, Door2 must be opened for 3seconds
4.When S2 or S3 is OFF, Door2 is closed.

1diMP26.png

well this is how much I managed to do

if there's something missing or wrong, could you please tell me.
i guess I can't study this field with only a book..;

Last edited:
Start by only looking at only one door.
Door 1:
OPEN DOOR:
S1 or S2
CLOSE DOOR:
3 sec Timer and not S1 and not S2

In the first rung put S2 in parallel with S. This would then allow the door to open if either S1 or S2 are present. (M1)
M2 Closes the door.
Use the timer and not S1 and not S2 to start the door closing.

Once you are happy with the operation of the first door, apply the same logic to the second door.

Hope this helps you out.

Try1 door at a time first

Try to get one door to work first. You are trying to much first.
A few things wrong
1. on rung 2 you have limit 1 opening door 2 no relation as per discription.
2. you are only using 1 sensor and 1 timer in your program.

Do not give up but I do recomend a cheap PLC to play with.
Automationdirecthas somelowpricePLC thtuse free software.

Good luck

Start by only looking at only one door.
Door 1:
OPEN DOOR:
S1 or S2
CLOSE DOOR:
3 sec Timer and not S1 and not S2

In the first rung put S2 in parallel with S. This would then allow the door to open if either S1 or S2 are present. (M1)
M2 Closes the door.
Use the timer and not S1 and not S2 to start the door closing.

Once you are happy with the operation of the first door, apply the same logic to the second door.

Hope this helps you out.

You're right. should've done this one by one.

%C1%A6%B8%F1_%BE%F8%C0%BD.png

would this be fine for the first door?

It looks correct. The best way is to simulate the program. As 'just the cowboy' suggested, I would try this out on a PLC. You could also try this out on a simulation package.
http://support.automationdirect.com/products/domore.html
The above link is for the Do-More Designer Software from Automation Direct. It is a full PLC programming package for the Do-More PLCs plus a Simulation. It is also free of charge.

Regards,

It looks correct. The best way is to simulate the program. As 'just the cowboy' suggested, I would try this out on a PLC. You could also try this out on a simulation package.
http://support.automationdirect.com/products/domore.html
The above link is for the Do-More Designer Software from Automation Direct. It is a full PLC programming package for the Do-More PLCs plus a Simulation. It is also free of charge.

Regards,

wow. thank you. really helped me through