downloading problem from pc to Panelview 300

dhillon

I am getting communication problem of downloading panelbuilder software 32 from my pc to panelview 300 that is intefaced with SLC 500.. I am new to this field. could someone let me now steps for downloading and if there needs to change default settings for brand new panelview 300?

Power?

dhillon,

Do you have the panelview hooked up to the PLC? If not, if I remember right it does not supply its own power for communications. I know I had to buy a power supply to use our panelviews at the test bench with out a PLC. This was not the line power for the panel, it was just for the comms and used the same cable that connects the panel to the PLC if I remember right. This may be the problem for you. Another problem I had was that I did not have the right firmware selected in panelbuilder32. I do not have the software infront of me and do not remember how to change it off the top of my head.

Larry