downloading to a pv+ via laptop

As the others pointed out, the problem is that the IP addresses aren't compatible (of the same network).

Personally what I would do is make your PV+ the same as the one that you would be replacing it with and never connect it to the same network as your working PV+. I repeat, never connect two devices with the same address to a network. Then change your laptop temporarily to a similar address. That way if the day comes that you do have to replace it, it will already be setup the exact same.

And thanks rta53. It took a bit to get there, but it sounds like he's on the right track now.

As an aside, I find throwing the pv+ and the laptop both on a cheap router w/ a built-in DHCP server makes this step really really easy.

That way both your PV+ and Laptop get ips in the same subnet AND there is no crosstalk from any other devices to confuse the issue.

hi guys, i will give this a try and i would like to thank you all for your help,i am sorry that it has taken a long time to sort out but i am very new to plc and hmi's and still learning.but i am very grateful for all your help

hi guys, sorry to be a pain, finally we have got the pv to talk (yeppe) i have downloaded but i cant run the project because it is in the wrong firm ware so i have gone to applications,create runtime and saved it as the same version as the pv but it has now come up with unable to save rslinx enterprise data serve if i click ok it says internal error detected,error code =27 any ideas( it did start saving)any ideas thanks stu

So this app was created in a previous version, then you restored it in FT and it converted the app to version 5 correct? Now you are creating a runtime in a previous version. What version might that be?

So I'm guessing that error code shows up in a notepad document? Do you see RSLinx Enterprise in the tree (like in the picture)? It may not be in the same location as I show it. Typically it's located at the bottom of the tree. Just for testing purposes, I deleted it and I got the same error as you. If you do need to add it again, if you right click just where the upper part of my drawn in circle is and select add new server, then select the Rockwell one, it will add it back in. Then you would have venture into the world of configuring RSLinx Enterprise... that's where the fun begins...

RSLinx.jpg

Thx for the advice.

Guys i have been following this thread hoping to resolve my application issues as well. I read where you stated the .mer file has to be inserted in the run-time folder then it will work. What i didn't know was where the run-time folder was IE which one. Was it the program run-time in rs view or what. What i did learn today is when you install a formatted SD card into a pv1000 + media slot it creates the run-time folder automatically. Then we inserted the the .mer file into that run-time folder and the panelview was able to load the application. Thx again for all the help. Sorry to hijack the thread. (y)

Last edited: