drive tuning

Jeanne

I have a question about AC drive tuning. What will happen if I misinput the value of kilowatts? For example, It should be 23Kw, but I input the 33Kw. I suppose other values are correct.

Thanks

I assume you are referring to the motor data entry parameters where the software asks for the motor nameplate horsepower or kw. If you are running the drive in open loop V/Hz mode, I don't see any problem as long as you have entered nameplate current correctly.

In sensorless vector or flux vector mode, it is unlikely that the drive will even operate since the motor model will be way off from the actual motor. In the more precise sensorless vector models, you would not even be able to do a motor ID run or pretune run because the drive will sense the error and refuse to finish the ID run.

Thank you very much.

I have another question. The motor nameplate is horsepower. The software asks for Kw. I use horsepower value times 746. Do I still need to divided by efficiency to get the Kw entry value?

No. Multiply the hp by .746 (note the decimal point) and enter that as kw.

On some drives that I am familiar with, the unit for motor power will change when you change the drive language parameter. For example, for German, Italian, Japanese, Swedish, English, the units are metric (kw). But, if you select English (American), the units become Imperial (hp).