dvt cameras

crln

Any Of You Have An Idea On How To Configurate The Inputs And Outputs Of A Dvt Cameras (legend 510) I Have Checked The Manual And More Information In The Dvt Web Page And Found Nothing. The Cameras (two) Are Connected Via Hub Or Switch To A Screen. The Results Are Sent To The Plc Through The Breakout Device. It Seems De Inputs For The Cameras Work Well Because They Are Triggered For The Plc And It Works Properly, So The Plc Takes The Control Of The Camera Trigger, But The Outputs Bring Nothing To The Plc. What Can I Do.

This has the potential to be the vision system's equivalent of the current 'Plc' thread!

DVT Camera

I think I can help you with the DVT camera. Save your system or product file that you are working as a zip file and post it. Tell me which outputs don't seem to be working and I will be happy to take a look.

Bob

Lets see how this works...This should be a small video clip on how to change the physical I/O in Intellect.

Bob O

PS I just started to mess with this avi stuff so kind of testing/playing on this one.

thanks all of you. my situation is critical, I have no much time to spend in reading manuals or sorting information. I hope you could help me. the thing is I don't know anything about this proyect, anything, this is all the information I can give you so you could help me in the better way:

YOU CAN GO TO THIS PAGE FOR A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF MY NEXT EXPLANATIONS:

http://www.dvtsensors.com/shopcart/specs/CON-IOE-BRK.pdf

1...The DVT cameras are connected to a NCU or PLC (MAIN NCU OR PLC OF THE MACHINE)that tells them (AS A HELPING DEVICE FOR CHEKING THE PARTS THAT THE MACHINE IS GONIG TO PROCESS) which part (model) are goning to check. this issue works ok, when we change the program in process (the parts change too) the screen display the correct model to check and all the sensor check the parts and show the results correctly, I mean the real measurements. main point: I think THE INPUS COME FROM THE NCU OR PLC OF THE MACHINE, probalby the trigger signal come from this device too, I don't know, probably don't because of the number of wires to the breakout device. 4 for each camera (1.4 AND 2.4 IN EACH COLUM IN THE BREAKOUT DEVICE)

2... In page 7 of the document on the link above, the leds there mentioned aren't "on" or lighted in my device.

3... In page 10 something about the input/output module is mentioned. in my breakout device:
---- the "D" led is green
---- The leds corresponding to Signal1 (1.1) Signal2 (2.1) signal3 (1.4) and signal4 (2.4) are green. in the document mention that those leds must be yellow in case they are in output status. How can I put them in output status?

4... in the attached file there is a picture about how the inputs and ouputs are connected:

thanks all of you. bye

Where if I had this before?

"I need immendiate help, I don't know what the project is about so I can't explain it to you, but will you please do it for me?"

I'm pretty sure that there are no magical mind readers here to help you, Bob's video is about as good as it gets. You can either spend the time learning about the project so that you can adequately explain it to someone that can help you OR use the same time and wade in and fix the problem yourself. My point being is that either way its going to take some time and effort on your part. (y) Good thing is that you'll be wiser after its done.

Oh, call the DVT distributor's salesman to come out and do it. that will work too.

I feel your pain.

Hey I can kind of understand where you are coming from. I did a project with two DVT legend 510's about a year ago. The support from the distributor who sold us the cameras, and DVT was non existent. First of all we need to know what software you are using to connect to and configure the cameras. Is it Intellect, or Frame works. Maybe you are not able to connect to the cameras, but let us know and then maybe we can help.

crln said:
thanks all of you. my situation is critical, I have no much time to spend in reading manuals or sorting information.

What?!?!?!?!? Reading the manual is one of the most fundamental & basic things people need to do. If you can't manage to read the manual, you have no business working with the product, end of story.

crln,
As BigAl ask, what software are you working with?
If Intellect did you watch the short video on how to configure the I/O?
Again, if you will zip your file and tell me which I/O needs to what I or someone will help you with it.

Bob O.

ok. I am so sorry for the problems I have been to you. Thank you so much. By the time I am just doing the stuff you post, give me some time. the software I am using is Intellect and BigAl is right we have no suport from the supplier. thak you