E100 Hmi

mike59

Hi,

I have just loaded a program into the E100 terminal(my first attempt) which was successful until I activated one the input buttons. This particular button is configured to look for any previous entered jobs and display the conents. It displayed searching parameters which was ok, but then seemed to freeze. Ok I thought reload the program thinking this would overwrite and clear the problem but this did not happen. In the E programmer software and in the transfer screen there is a delete tab, tried this but it wouldn't let me tick the box. Could anyone suggest how I can clear this fault and start again. No terminal buttons will operate while in freeze mode, power off and on makes no difference.

Mike

Hi Mike,

May I ask which driver you are using? Does the terminal freeze in the same block or in different? If it freezes in the same block you should look in the block and see if you can find anything "strange".

If you want to restore the terminal you can open the secret menu (press backspace + F4 while the terminal boots). Format the flash, clear the clockram and delete the driver. After this procedure the terminal is restored to factory settings.

If the problem persists you can upload your application (and tell me where/when the problem occurs), I can probably find the problem in the application.

//Supporter

supporter said:
Hi Mike,
If the problem persists you can upload your application (and tell me where/when the problem occurs), I can probably find the problem in the application.

//Supporter

You can also check E100 system version and compare that to version what you are using in your project. Normally ED should warn if you are trying to load incompatible version to terminal.

Hi,
Thanks, not sure if fully understand all that as trying to fast track a learning curve as our programmer has left. Was going to try and reload plc prog as it appears the terminal will freeze on other buttons. Are there any manuals or easy instruction guides on how to configure to plc.I have the E- prog software with its associated help files but can find no easy explanation on how you relate this to plc instruction. I am trying to learn coding on the mitsibushi FX2N series and its just tring to understand how you link the two. If I can start with something simple on our plc test rig I then might be able to understand how he wrote his other programs. It would be great if you could offer any advice along those lines.

Mike

Hi Mike,

The problem could also be if you have a menu with both text-lines and lines with variables. If you have this and you have choosen "Put curser at first man. object" your panel will "freez". That is if you have "only text" lines before and after an line with a variable.
So if you have objects that you can edit betwen textlines, you will only be able to page up and down between the man. object.

Hope this is understandable and helpful.

Best regards

Dariusch

Thanks Dariusch,

No I didn't quite understand I'm still trying to find some info on how to program and integrate the terminal to a plc that way I figure I might be able to understand a bit more about the problem I'm facing.

Mike