E300 HMI (Beijer)

RobT

I have a client who has an FX2N (Mitsubishi PLC) connected to an E300 HMI. I have been able to pull the code from the FX2N, but am not able to obtain any data from the E300. I have the E-Designer suite of software (also the GX/MX Mitsubishi software). I can communicate with the E300, but (and I must be missing something obvious here) all I can do is put data INTO the E300. I cannot seem tho find a way to get the data (recipies etc) from the E300.
I am running the 98SE version (6.3) as my laptop is not XP capable!
Can anyone advise how I can make a backup copy of the software - e.g. if the e300 were to fail I would have no means of putting the code into a new panel.
Thanks in advance.

buttons

Hi!

As far as I remember when you choose "transfer", you get a window with both send and recieve (application).
If you want the recipies you should transfer this with a FTP tool.

Thanks Guys ...

Have not had chance to try any of the suggestions yet. I didn't want to call up the 'transfer' function as it implied that it was one way -ie TO the HMI. And if I overwrote the program/data in the existing panel I would be up a gum tree without a paddle so to speak!

Another point is that I have tried the file transfer program in the HMI tools suite...
When I connect to the unit it shows me the entire directory tree (including receipes and others) and then before I can click it switches to a single director showing Alarms only. If I 'refresh' then it does the same again. I cannot find any 'settings' that seem to be able to alter this, nor is there anything in the manual for the software.
Any Ideas what is happening?

Thanks in advance

Hi Rob,

The "transfer" function brings up a screen where you adjust your transfer settings - it won't start any transfer until you tell it to! If it makes you feel better, you can bring up that screen when the computer and the E300 aren't connected at all so you're guaranteed it won't do any overwriting.

I'm afraid I've never seen the disappearing directories thing on the E700 and E900 I've worked with, so I can't help you there. The only thing that comes to mind is that some of the directories are not available when the E-terminal is in programming or configuration mode, and they are when it's in run mode. I'm not sure if that applies to the E300 as well, as I've never worked with that model.

-Rhonda

Thanks Rhonda,

I'm visiting my client at the end of the week.
I'll post what happens here next week - so others can learn from the experience that I will have had ;)

All the best
Rob