E50 HMI Programming

if1

Hello all.
I am trying to program an E50 to operate with an FX1N PLC. Can anybody explain to me how I get a specific block to display when a certain output is energised? I am basically just wanting it to bring up different text depending on which output is energised. The display signal in the block header is greyed out when programming an E50 so I'm not sure how to display a block from a PLC output.

Thanks

I just tried setting up a project using FX1N and E50 in E-Designer 7.4 and if I right click a block the Display signal isn't greyed out. So the first thing is to see if you can find out why yours is greyed out. If all else fails you can use Setup/System Signals/NewDisplay Reg, to change screens.

Bryan

its greyed out for me in the header too, not sure why though, its ok using an e200.
im only using v6.10, but im sure its similar to v7.4

how about you use the digital text function?

go to object> digital text. in there you can setup the digital signal, and text for on/off of the signal.

frank

Hi franksmith,

I just tried the same with version 6 and have the same problem as you however i also have version 7.14 and like bryanG it works just fine. The 2 versions are very different if you can get V7 if not i speak to a guy called Dave Milner (works for local agency in bury st edmunds) if you get no joy here

01284 706239 pneumatic lines is the company.

If i find anything else i'll be sure to let you know

Robimb

Thanks for the help Gents. Unfortunately the digital text option only allows 8 characters to be displayed by the looks of it. May well be a case of getting a newer version.

Thanks