easter eggs

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
anyone else include easter eggs?

i've only been coding for 18 years.

but I include easter egg games in the help section.

find it encourages people to read the help.

anyone else?

I'm kinda disappointed that the thread didn't make mention of my mastermind game in java script in a magelis.

I was proud of that one.

I have a Santa pop up on a few HMI's on Christmas and tell people where to look for cash I stashed on site. The cash is still there so I assume the operators aren't doing there rounds on xmas.

hopefully I don't get written up for the fat b@#$ard saying Merry Christmas

I have done a Santa scrolling across the screen before. Once an hour for only 2 second, every day month=12.

Made motor starters play 'shave and a haircut 2 bit' when they started up.

Had a servo that would play Mary had a little lamb when you put it in jog mode. (Song was right from the drives demo code)

Never seem to have enough time to do anything more then that.

Operators on our old fryer used to mention that they had a feeling that someone was watching them when they were up at the OIT.
Eventually we found what it was.
For 1/2 second every so often Foo would appear on the screen looking at them over one of the icons.
Was put in by the original designer.

I once put a photo up of an operator at the Waste Water Treatment plant holding a large fish that he had caught.

It was activated by a hidden button on a PV+

(no, the fish was not in the waste water)..

Been replacing ml1200 and push buttons with a G306 and ml1400. I am using a load screen now waiting until the ml1400 is ready on power up, otherwise the operators are hitting control power and nothing happens. Then a work order is generated causing myself to go up and hit the control when it was ready a few seconds after the operator first tried. Different animation on every screen. My favorite is the first four planets orbiting the sun with the USS Enterprise dragging a "Loading" text. Just wished i had a G315 so i could fit the whole solar system.

Last edited: