Ebay software

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a legacy Omron PLC that I need to connect with and need to purchase CX1 for only this one PLC that I will rarely have to go online with. I have two quotes from local distributors for $2,500! I see the software for sale on ebay for $75. Because this seems to good to be true, I am reaching out here to see if anyone has purchased software from ebay and had it work? I am concerned about the licensing and all. Does Omron allow the easy transfer of registration from one company to another? Are there things I should be aware of before doing this? I am NOT familiar with Omron software, that's why I ask. Thanks.

If you go to Omron they have a download of CX-One.

Not sure if it has a trial period before the license is needed, but if it does you could use it now.

Keep the trial download, then in a couple years if you have to go online again you might have a new laptop to 'try' it on.

If the software is going to cost $2500, how much will it cost to replace the PLC with a brand/model you can already support?

It wouldn't be that big of a deal, if I had any documentation at all as to what is currently running, but I don't. I have no electrical prints, no PLC project, no hard copy, nothing. It interfaces with a large CNC machine tool and a tombstone carousel. So, once I upload the project, I will have a map of New Delhi with no street names.

I bought my GE Proficy from ebay... this was used and had a USB key, the seller was a PLCTalk member also but was not supporting GE's anymore the version was only a year or two old so it was a good deal :) , but if its new odds are its a counterfeit version.

Ah... you must be an AB guy. Welcome to Omron land! The comments and tag descriptions are stored in the processor and will be uploaded with the project.

Seriously? I asked this question before and was told it won't have any of that. Now, if I can only get online with this contraption. Lol

Ok now you guys have me second guessing that...
I thought so, but it's been quite a few years now since I touched a C200H. Did plenty of CQM1H though and all comments were stored on those.
Maybe some more experienced Omron guys will remember.

Ah... you must be an AB guy. Welcome to Omron land! The comments and tag descriptions are stored in the processor and will be uploaded with the project.

I now have it uploaded and we can put this to rest. It does not save descriptions or rung comments. I have a map with no street names. Lol