Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Sucks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aattanayake

I have a 1794-VHSC card (encoder counter card) connected to a 1794-ADN scanner module. When I try to add the module in the right slot in the ADN scanner I can't find the VHSC module listed for the scanner. I have IE8, IB32, OB32, ect ..... but not the VHSC module.

How can I get the VHSC module added to the ADN list of modules so I can config the DeviceNet?

The configuration block for the 1794-VHSC is too long for the 1794-ADN module or the 1794-ASB module to handle.

The 1794-IJ, IK, and IP counter modules will work with a DeviceNet adapter, but the VHSC requires EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, or a FlexLogix.

What is the application ? There may be another module or platform that will do the job.

hank you guys.
I think Ken might be right. This is the first time I'm using this module. The 1794-ADN adapter does not have the VHSC module listed. I even downloaded the eds file Paul (OkiePC) suggested but got the same result. Check the attached image.

In my application I need to count pluses from an encoder (has signals A, B and Z). It is coupled to wheal that will run in top of a cylinder so I can measure the circumference of it. Different cylinders will come to the station to get measured and then a layer of material will get applied onto it before getting measured again. This applying and measuring will continue until the desired circumference is achieved. Measuring the radius is difficult in this machine. Also the spin of the cylinder is not constant.

Going to a different network is out of the question now and I need a counter module for sure and not a frequency module.

VHSC.JPG

The 1794-ID2 counter module might still do what you want. The VHSC's principal features are fast input speed and the immediate and local control of the output relays, but your need is to measure a count in the controller itself.

What voltage is your encoder ? How fast will the signal be coming in to the counter module ?

There are quite a few ways to get a fast counter on a DeviceNet network, including but not limited to: FLEX counter modules, POINT counter modules, Counter function in the 1794-IB16, DeviceLogix in a CompactBlock or 100-DSA device, or MicroLogix with a 1761-NET-DNI.

The VHSC module was recommended by the salesmen and he assured me that it would work. I blindly believed him. I wanted to get the ID2 module but the stocks were not available.

The worse case would be 15KHz signal from the encoder to the module, and it's 24V square waves.

Controller: 1756-L61
Network: DeviceNet
Adapter: 1794-ADN