Electric Actuator for PID Control

John Gaunt

I have used electric actuators for many years to operate Adjustable Port Valves made by the company "North American".
I have used several brands of actuators such as Leeds & Northrup, Beck and Honeywell.
On several recent projects in South Korea, Thailand and Philippines I have used the following:

Kromschroder Model GT50-60T20 + 1000 Ohm Feedback POT,
240VAC, 50Hz, 60sec, torque is 20Nm (about 15 ft lbs)
Control is by Increase Decrease PLC Digital Outputs via solid state relays (240VAC).

For an upcoming job in India where I need 30+ actuators I want to find something a bit better than the above but hopefully not too much more expensive.

Has anybody got any useful suggestions.

I can handle some change to the specifications. 110VAC would only involve a transformer in the control panel. 0-20mA feedback would work well but 4-20mA would involve re-engineering a piece of panel equipment adding to its cost.

Have you looked at the Landis SQM56? we used to use a lot in one of my past lives, plenty of options on aux. switches, pots, etc.

The only thing I'm not sure is if you can get different voltages; like the Honeywell mod motors, I think they only come in 24VAC.

Thanks Burnerman,
I have contacted Landis+Gyr in Melbourne. They say they have sold out that part of their business to Siemens.
I will check it out with my friendly Siemens salesman in Singapore.