Elevator

fasteddie1722

i know there have been may posts on the elevator simulator and how to work it. students in my class have gone about this a totally different way than anything i have seen on here and here is what i have so far on my program im on my 5th different verson of this program and still struggleing

LadderRungs.jpg

isses on this version

this one will travelup but stops at every floor on the way and only goes down to the 3rd floor....and still no clue as to why...im thinking its somehow calling the motor to much but not sure

LadderRungs2.jpg

see if this one is better
this is the my 3rd verson and was my most sucessfull version it goes up to every floor but stops on everyone on the way and only goes down to floor 3...i do have the version prior to this one it is minus the 3rd floor it goes up to 4th but stopps on floor 4....also i goed down to floor 2 or 1 proporly tho im very confused as to what im doing wrong
my teacher has been very vague about what im doing wrong he throw hint but nothing im grasping hopeing yall can help

Last edited:
Try redoing without reusing the same output (as an output). Using an output more then once, will get you in trouble.
George

this is my newest version im working on and now it only rides to the first and 4th floors...can anyone see whay its not stopping on 2 or 3

suggestion: post your RSL file ... (you'll have to ZIP it first) ... those of us who have LogixPro can download it - try it out - and try to give you a hint ...

did the zip files help ar all...sorry if im comming off as a moron or impatient ive been working on this for 3 weeks and tomorrow its due and im still at the same wall ive been for the past 10 days every time i attempt to re write this program i run into issues and no expertise in this type of programing at all

I'm guessing the most current file is dated may 19.
I have no experience with this software or programming an elevator. Having said that, try the suggestion below, if it doesn't help, then, just go back to your version.
Since you have the door closed (I:3/2) in rungs 13 and 14, I would think that it should not be in rungs 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12.

P.S. I dont really know the purpose of the LIM in rungs 2, 6, 10, 15. I'm guessing it is getting some info from a position encoder.

Last edited:
why are you doing it this way - and not following all (any?) of the suggestions given in the Help file? ...

your biggest problem is that you're trying to tell it to "go to a floor" but (as far as I've had time to tell) you haven't developed any logic to tell the car WHICH WAY TO GO ("go up" or "go down") ...

as near as I can tell, you MIGHT be able to get this working to SOME extent by tomorrow - but to get the full functionality that the exercise is supposed to demonstrate is going to take a LOT of rewriting ... and (I hate to say it) but you MIGHT have to simply start over - and follow the suggestions given in the Help file ...

note to those who don't have the LogixPro software: the Help files I'm talking about can be found online at the following link ...

http://www.thelearningpit.com/lp/doc/elv/vator.html

Last edited:
Having not done your course.
Are you under instructions to use ladder rungs at this time.
and not another method - (I dont want to preempt you)

Also I note that your Stop Button is programmed as a Normally Open Input
BAD PRACTICE

Last edited: