Elua 400C:Machine cannot RUN after pull out battery and power off more than 5 hours.

loknong

Hi, Sorry for my bad English

The 400C show 037:Battery low so we power off the drive then we pull out the battery and found the new one. After 5 hours we put the new battery on it and power on. The machine cannot run and HMI cannot find the Controller>
This mean we loose our program or not?
How can we get our program? :confused:

Thank you,

I have no idea about that model, but if the program was battery backed you have lost it. You will need to contact the original supplier or a company that supports the equipment. Most systems will hold the program if battery removed for 10-20 minutes, I have known systems that still held the program after a couple of days (removed the battery to dump memory as it was Password protected, even after 3 days it was still there).

The program for Elau controllers is stored on the CF card, so it should not be lost just by changing the battery. However, the battery holds any data the programmers store in NVRAM. If the battery is removed the NVRAM is reset and any data stored there is lost. If the machine builder stored data in NVRAM that is needed to start the program properly and communicate to the HMI, then that data needs to be restored to original values. Unfortunately you will likely only get that information from machine builder.