Emerson/GE CPE330 loss of communication

chapani

Hi,

strange issue with Emerson/GE CPE330, i downloaded some new logic into PLC, everything was built properly and downloaded, but when download completed, my PC got disconnected from online by itself and since then I could not connect back to PLC. i can ping plc ip address but i cannot connect online. I have tried to cycle power of cpu, tried to put cpu to stop mode by turning switch on cpu, but nothing helped.
PME doesnt connect with it, even though ping is working.
Error seems to be connected with some kind of logic mistake, but i havent found anything wrong, any how it is incredible that there was no errors during compilation. thing is how to reset the cpu, only way to clear memory is to connect online with it, but its not working. any idea?

got issue resolved, there was a mistake in logic, that was doing the loop, and plc scan over max, stopping PLC, but i would expect in 2023 that it would be more normal, PLC goes to stop, that i would be able to connect to it and see which fault is there, GE world... thanks for helping.
I had to clear everything, download old program, and then again, till found out where is the issue, lost some time

I believe that if you set the run/stop switch on the CPU module to the stop position and cycle power to the PLC you will be able to reestablish communication.
Back in early 1990, when the 90-30 first came out I was at a product rollout session. I wanted to see if the JUMP instruction worked in both directions, so I set up a program with a JUMP instruction to a LABEL a few rungs earlier. The jump was enabled by a switch so I could trigger it when I wanted. When I triggered it, the PLC stopped and I lost communications, just as I expected. It stumped the trainer for a few minutes until I fessed up and told him what I had done.