Emerson/GE Rx3i - LAN fault & %SC09 Fault Indicator

ZestyMozzarella

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone, I have a new Rx3i I installed on a line. The MAIN program has an indicator for CPU health activated as good so long as %SC09 is OFF. %SC09 is a system variable that is set to trigger ON whenever any fault occurs in the CPU. I additionally have a rung that whenever %SC09 is ON, it triggers a CPU not healthy output that shuts my machine down which I want to happen when something relevant happens.

Issue is the new Rx3i CPU triggers a LAN transceiver fault; OFF network until fixed every time I disconnect from the CPU. I have no intention of having this port plugged in unless I'm accessing it with my PC myself. It doesn't need to connect to anything and is local.

The problem is I don't see a way to stop this from triggering in the diagnositcs as a fault which then triggers my %SC09 code rung which shuts my machine down. Is there a way to tell the CPU this is not a fault condition or is this a non-editable inherent habit of the CPU's? I suppose I could use something like %SC14...I think for now I might just put a dummy switch in to satisfy the ping check.

Thanks for any advice, starting to research the manuals now to find a bypass solution if one exists. I'd prefer not to change the code if I can help it.

Last edited:
You could trigger a SVC_REQ (Service Request) function to read the most recent addition to the fault table and use the information retrieved to decide whether the fault is serious enough to warrant shutting down. Off the top of my head I can't remember the function code for the SVC_REQ, but it's in the documentation.