Emerson RSTi-EP loss of Device Name

Daver1975

Hello,
I recently started working at a place that uses Emerson/GE. They have installed some newer RSTI-EP remote I/O replacing the old genius blocks. Randomly the RIO will lose the Device name. Example device name is supposed to be stxpns001-06 with an IP address of 192.168.30.7. The plant will report nothing is working and we will find that the device name will have changed to stxpns001-03 matching the device name of another component. I change the device name back and all is well. This may happen multiple times in a week or once every 6 months. The IP address is always correct and the device always appears in the DCP tool. We were going to replace this block thinking it was possibly defective however it just started happen to another unit we just replaced last month.
Thank you for any ideas!