Emulate 500

Netoautomacao

Hello everybody

I would like to know if it is possible to simulate an exchange of messages (MSG) between two MICROLOGIX 1500 in the EMULATE 500. I performed some tests but I was not able to, maybe it is because the communication is RS-232 or the emulate is not able to simulate the necessary resources. Finally, I would like to thank everyone for their attention and patience.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Emulate 500 can use a Windows COM port to emulate DF1 protocol or ASCII communications when you are emulating an SLC-500 or MicroLogix controller, including a MicroLogix 1500.

It cannot emulate DH-485 protocol.

The first thing to be certain about is that you don't have a conflict between RSLinx Classic using the same COM port as Emulate 500.

The computer's RS-232 port will have the same pinout as a DB9 port on an SLC-500 or MicroLogix 1500.

If you are communicating between two Emulated MicroLogix controllers, you can probably use a virtual COM port pair, like using Com0Com shareware, but I don't have any direct experience with that.