encoder --> s7-1200

Try setting up a Status chart and include addresses to either side of where you think it should be. Then spin the encoder. Also note on some of the cheaper encoders you can NOT connect common to the PE or the encoder will be damaged. If this has happened then the encoder is toast.

As far as the absolute. You can order based on the number of bits you want to use and I think S7-1200 supports Gray Code. If you do not want you use one that's really up to you. Each can get the job done, its just a matter of how.

ok i set up a status chart. but none of the adresses are changing. i am monitoring id1004-id1007 and none of them move when i spin the encoder.

greetz sordfich

are there any seperate module's for high speed counting because i am getting fed up with this siemens ********. it just dusent do what its made to do, they inscructions for setting one up are as good as a japanese maze (sarcasm).

greetz sord

Hi.Still no succes??? I used Hsc with s1200 more than 10 times and without any problems...Only one time encoder was wrong...