Establishing Comms from FX5U PLC to Citect

Zabido

Hi, I'm a first time poster. I need to establish a connection between an FX5U PLC to a Citect PC. I will be using a MODBUS TCP - MODBUS SERIAL converter for connection. How do setup the connection from the PLC to Citect?

Parky is right. Citect has all drivers for Mitsubishi, including Ethernet. In fact, until version 7.2, Mitsubishi's SCADA MX4 was rebranded Citect. After that SE bought Citect and rest is history.

Hey guys thanks for the reply. I've tried to communicate with citect with the FX5U PLC through multiple protocols like MELSECQ and what not but I'm having no luck. I'm trying to connect through Ethernet. I've had a look online and it sort of seems like Citecr doesn't have a driver for this PLC.

I do not have any info on Citect, however, found this manual that might help
https://www.atronika.com/Mitsubishi/PLC/MITSUBISHI_manual_plc_fx5_ethernet.pdf

The last Ethernet communication I did was on a Q series with Kepware, I did struggle I could not get it to communicate using TCP, eventually found it worked using UDP even though I only had Melsoft connections set up on the Q Ethernet card, an acquaintance of mine also found this same problem, although Kepware showed the settings for TCP, Kepware said UDP is the way to go.
The manual above mentions Modbus, and there are other manuals dedicated to Modbus if you search for them.

Last edited:
Parky is right. Citect has all drivers for Mitsubishi, including Ethernet. In fact, until version 7.2, Mitsubishi's SCADA MX4 was rebranded Citect. After that SE bought Citect and rest is history.
I am very interested in the rest of the story. Do you mean by "After that SE bought Citect and rest is history" in an unflattering sense, like after Schneider Electric bought Citect, things changed not for the better. Just curious.

After SE bought Citect, they implemented their marketing strategy and request that SE has in written every end user. Also before there was no difference in price between Citect and MX4 (rebranded Citect) and after SE takeover it was cheaper to buy from SE, plus there was yearly support that you pay to SE. All I know that Mitsubishi entered in ownership structure of Adroit and Iconics in last few years.