establishing comms to 9030 from Proficy ME

Robertg01

Hi,
We have a 9030 plc IC693CPU331J and are trying for the first time to load a program into it. We are using a HE693SNPCBLD cable to a USB to serial port adaptor. Any clues please on what target properties to use for the Comms. baud rate, parity, SNP ID etc. We have never established comms to the is plc by any method before.

Thanks
Robert

Default settings for the PLC match the default settings for the programming software.
19,200 baud, 1 stop bit, odd parity.

Make sure that Proficy ME is set up to communicate over the same COM port number that gets assigned to the USB adapter.

You may have other issues with your CPU version. Proficy ME 5.5 lists CPU331 firmware version 4.5 as the earliest supported. According to the release notes I can find, firmware rev 4.5 corresponds to a CPU331P. Your CPU331J is a couple of versions earlier than that.