ET 200S CPU IM151-8 + Sinamics G120

ctrlseng

Dear Colleagues,
I am struggling with configuring the comms between G120 VSD and IM151-8 CPU over the Profinet. I have set the addresses and device names, also done the basic commissionng for the drive via STARTER program. Ive put also a hardware config into the STEP7 with the GSDML File downloaded from Siemens Website but when I go online in step7 it cannot see the drive in HWconfig, also there is a fault on the drive saying there is a bus fault - check address and name. I can see the drive over the ethernet though as I am able to assign a name and address.
I would be very grateful for your help, Chers

Post a screenshot of your HW config.
Also post a screenshot of "Assign device name" after you have done a scan for reachable nodes.

edit: What control unit ?
In STARTER what is parameter p922 set to ?

Last edited:
Hi Jasper, thanks for your reply.
I am trying to control G120 CU240E2
PLC is IM151-8 PN/DP CPU

I am not onsite at the moment so I cannot paste screengrab of assigning a name but I am sure the drive has got a name assigned. I will do that on Monday.

p922 is telegram352

HW config attached, cheers

hwconf.jpg

I am guessing that something has gone wrong with the device name.
Try something shorter in stead of "SINAMICS-G120-....".
Assign unique names instead of what STEP7 inserts by default. That also goes for the "PN-IO" of the CPU.

Also, why do people always post a screenshot of their entire desktop ?

Jasper, I think you might be right as I assigned a name different than SINAMICS-G120-CU240E-V4.X to the drive o_O, maybe this is why the device is not available despite having assigned ip address. I will check that again on Monday, thak you very much for your suggestion!
Have a good weekend