Ethernet communication error

dineshdhav

Hi All ...

In one full plant, all machines are connected to networks.

above 500 ip address...

that consists of plc,servo,hmi and third party devices also

PLC,HMI,SERVO are Rockwell..

These are all connected to one PC for capturing data.

ip address example

Now, my problem is

Sometimes the hmi or servo gets a communication error and the machine is stopped. After unplugging and plugging the hmi or servo cable, it works fine.

and 1734-AENT also getting error sometimes. After we do unplug and plug the cable it is working good ..

Tell me the solution ...

Thanks in advance

It is likely that you have an IP conflict, that is, several devices try to use the same IP.

My recommendation is that you temporary disconnect the HMI or the servo and do a port scan from the PC, to see if any other device shows up with the same IP as the HMI or the servo.

You can use this : https://www.advanced-port-scanner.com/

Your system sounds like an excellent argument for better network management, including VLANs and NAT devices and routers.

The fact that the faults are resolved by unplugging and replugging the network port might mean that the problem is with the cable between the switch and the device.

Or it might indicate an IP address conflict.

Or it might indicate something else that went wrong with a port or switch or router that resulted in a "block" on that port that was reset when the link went down and back up.

This is the kind of troubleshooting where you need to start by examining your local network and then get your IT department or consultants involved.