Ethernet communications problem

Can anybody help me here. I am trying to establish communications using 1761-NET-ENI series D, According to all publications I have read, an ethernet signel can be transmitted to a maximun of 100 meters. My system can only go to a maximum of 20 meters. I am using Cat 5 Cable, Belden 1583A. I have tried going from switch to switch using a crossover cable between switches and still cannot communicate. I would appreciate any help you can offer

Thanks
pompey

Did you configure the ENI module using the ENI utility program with a serial cable? It's not clear from your posting if set-up is the issue or if it's an Ethernet communication issue. It's highly unlikely that the module was pre-configured.

I have quite a few of the series D and series B ENIs and many of them are at a distance of near 100 meters. I think you may have a cable issue. I would re-terminate the ends and try again.

BTW, I have had little to no luck with any series D that has 3.21 firmware. They drop out allot and a power cycle is the only consistent cure. I upgraded all of my Ds to 3.22 firmware and all is well.