MJSE

Hi all

I have here an AB PLC system including:

- 1768-L43 CompactLogix PLC processor, firmware upgraded to 20,12
- 1768-ENBT Ethernet scanner module
- 1769-DSN DeviceNet scanner
- Ethernet switch
- PanelView Plus HMI.

I want to connect 8 sensors and 8 solenoids to the PLC via an Ethernet I/O block module. This is the first time I am going to do it, no idea how to start.

I did some internet search, no success to find an easy to understand application note or instruction how to do that.

Hopefully you nice guys can help me which interface module is proper for this application and how I can find an easy to understand step to step instruction how to install and setup it.

I have here RSLogix5000 software and I already setup 1768-ENBT to communicate with HMI I could program the HMI and created my own project as well, I wonder if I need any more software or not?

I also wonder if it would be easier for me to use the 1769-DSN with a DeviceNet IO Block or not? unfortunately I am new at DeviceNet as well. Do you think I can configure and setup DeviceNet IO block and 1769-DSN just with Ethernet communication I already setup to program the PLC or I need to have another hardware as well?

I badly need some help asp. Any advice would be really appreciated.:geek::geek:

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You'll need FactoryTalk Machine Edition software to develop the graphics for the panel view plus. The devicenet scanner will only work with devicenet hardware and doesn't use ethernet communication. Advantech makes inexpensive ethernet/ip IO modules in discrete and analog versions that will connect to your ethernet switch.

I have here RSLogix5000 software and I already setup 1768-ENBT to communicate with HMI I could program the HMI and created my own project as well, I wonder if I need any more software or not?

You will need Factory Talk ME to program the Panelview Plus.

BCS

Thanks for the reply guys, I'v got Factory Talk Me, no problem to program the HMI, actually I already did it. I just seek help for Ethernet or Devicenet interface IO module I do not know which one that would be easier to setup/configure and how to do it.

IMHO the Advantech ADAM series ethernet I/P modules are easier to configure. They come with a cd that has the eds files and utility to set the ip address. Any particular reason why you want remote IO instead of rack IO?