Ethernet/IP servo drive

srsicard3

I am looking for some suggestions on good Ethernet/IP servo drives to communicate with an AB PLC. My customer has a non motion PLC but wants to add an indexing conveyor to their existing line that is servo controlled. I have been tasked with building a setup where they can send a relative position & velocity to the drive and the drive will index.
Being that it is not a motion PLC, I am looking for suggestions for this.

Thanks!

I am looking for some suggestions on good Ethernet/IP servo drives to communicate with an AB PLC. My customer has a non motion PLC but wants to add an indexing conveyor to their existing line that is servo controlled. I have been tasked with building a setup where they can send a relative position & velocity to the drive and the drive will index.
Being that it is not a motion PLC, I am looking for suggestions for this.

Thanks!
We use Kollmorgen AKD series for servo motion/s.

For our last project, we used a Mitsubishi MR-J4 servo drive & motor. It has AOIs that mimic the motion instructions that come with an AB servo. Some things are a little clunky, but it seems to be working well.

Depending on your torque requirements, I would also look at a stepper motor from AMCI. They have AOPs that make them very easy to integrate in a Logix 5000 PLC and the model we're using now has everything integrated into the motor so you just run power & Ethernet. What you're doing, indexing to a relative position, is a good fit for a stepper.

If you want to stick with AB there is the Kinetix 5100 EtherNet/IP Indexing Servo Drives.
Kinetix 5100 drives can be readily integrated with specially built
Add-On Instructions in Logix Designer applications.

I use JVL's integrated servo motor/drives extensively. Their MAC00-EI4 interface for EtherNet/IP is nice and simple to run small servo motors in velocity or position modes.

They only get to about 3 kW at the largest, and of course they don't use CIP Motion instructions and cannot do interpolated or coordinated moves.

But for conveyors, or simple positioners, they work great.