Ethernet To Serial

Yes, do that, but not for connectivity between RSLogix and the SLC 5/04. We hang Digi's off our Micros and SLCs where possible, and they run until the case completely melts off of them, tucked in an overheated wet pounding plate former.

The G3 should replace any PV+ application...so I am not disagreeing about doing that too. It is pretty easy to add PLC status monitoring to a G3 and view it via browser on the local LAN, and you can use their pass through driver or buy a license for a trusted one and be able to pause the HMI to allow serial redirection to your RSLogix500 workstation.

Yes, string ethernet and 24vdc to a local 4 port switch, and plug in a Digi (to SLC CH0) and a G3.

Similar Topics

Hi All, Looking to get some direction on how to get data from a piece of equipment that has RS-232 communication (1-way) to a 1756-L73...
Replies
Views
Good day! I am working on a project at our campus to integrate fleet vehicle chargers with load management so we don't overwhelm our service. The...
Replies
Views
Anyone have experience using serial to Ethernet converters to connect to SLC and Micrologix devices? I am looking to build a remote access box...
Replies
Views
I'm using a Lantronix xPressDR+ for serial to ethernet to serial encapsulation to an RS485 ASCII string of instruments. The software part...
Replies
Views
Hey Everyone, I need to Interface Ignition SCADA ethernet network to an Allen Bradley SLC5/04 Serial RS232 DF1. Has anyone out there found a low...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom