EthernetIP EDS file for GE AF-600FP drive

taniarox

I am in search of an EthernetIP EDS file for a GE AF-600FP drive. GE just offers a file for Devicenet. I'm assuming that an EthernetIP EDS file would be different? Thanks for any help.

-Tania

For EtherNet/IP it is more complex than that when referring to the ControlLogix. Most likely the GE drive will be setup to use the Generic EtherNet/IP module. You will need to know things like the input and output instance numbers and the associated data sizes. There should be some examples in the GE manuals or the website.

Darren

In the worst case you can create a "Stub EDS" just to allow RSLinx Classic to identify the device. Because you're very likely not using RSNetworx for EtherNet/IP to configure the GE drive, you don't need any of the Parameter Object or Bridge keywords in the EDS file.

Is RSLinx Classic browsing the GE drive and showing it as "Unknown Device" ?

If it were my system, I'd use the ControlLogix to send a "List Identity" service request to the GE drive, and use those values for Vendor, Type, Device, and Revision to create a Stub EDS using the EZ-EDS tool from the ODVA.