Events not working in citect 5.4.2, any ideas?

kazafog

Hi all,

I am new to citect programming, having just done a citect config (V7.30) course I have some idea but not a heap of knowledge and also the system I am working on only has V5.4.2.

But that said I am trying to get the pc running citect to make a reoccurring sound when the alarms are unacknowledged.

I was able to make this work at the course on V7.30 by creating some cicode that returned a 1 if any of the alarms was high, then I had an event that was triggered by the cicode function. The event was set to reoccur every 2 secs and the output was set to beep(0).

Now on this machine I have a tag call siren (which drives the real siren via the plc) triggering the event ie siren=1, but that is about the only change. I have added a button to a page to check the beep(0) code which works. Also I have used a rectangle set to fill when siren is high which works. Note I have also been through the setup wizard and enabled the new event also.

BUT..... nothing. any ideas.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Cheers for responding so quick.

I did go into the setup wizard (i think thats its name) under the tools menu. In the wizard you step through a heap of settings and eventually you come to a page that has a check box which says enable events which was ticked as there are other events which were already there. Below that there is a disable box and enable box and i have added my new event into the enabled box there, is this the area you mean?

Yeah , sometimes its easy to forget to enable the events when make changes.
So you are using and alarm as a tag ? Have a look in the help file "using alarms as tags" or something like that. There are some differences in older versions on how to use alarms as tags.
Ive only fiddled around with using alarms as tags a few times , I'm no expert sorry :(

Cheers mate. I have just reused a tag they already use to drive the siren in the plc. ILogically it should play the game, but...

I did also try to trigger the event with alarmactive() which i found drives an indicator image on the alarm page template, but it did not do it either.

I am not sure, maybe the way the 2 citect pcs are setup together is the problem. The one i am changing is the standby i/o server, which is the only one that needs the beep. I did try to add the event manually into both servers but did not copy the exact project, maybe i need to be running the exact same event in each?

All sorted. For some reason citect will not use the siren tag, i do not know why. But i managed to use a different tag that is purely indication and my event worked, which proved the event was not the issue so i retried alarmactive(1) as the trigger and this time it worked. The siren tag appears to be an outgoing command, which must be the issue, maybe it is only a pulse?. Unfortunately i do not have the software to connect to the plc to see.

Anyway all is well that ends well